T20 Fever...

I am back!!! I realized I was troubling a few people in my free time by cracking senseless and 'fatal' jokes... So I thought... well... I should start writing again... that way I can reach a wider audience... :)

Anyways, a lot has happened since my last post... A whole chapter of my life unfolded during these past 2 years... Journey to the US... Masters'... Research... Coursework... Teaching... Cricket... TITANS... All-nighters... Toppers... Road-trips... MAFIA... Badgers... Packers.... the list is endless... infact its not even a list... its something different... something that I can't put into words with my limited vocabulary (part of which was boosted due to GRE preparation...)...

The title of the post suggests I will end up writing about cricket... people who know me will not be surprised with this.... But this ain't about cricket... this is just a light post to get me back to writing...
The title actually has different interpretations.... the most obvious being the current IPL 4 and the buzz and excitement around it.. Another one is just a play of words... it could be T20 fewer... just hinting people are bored of T20 now.. cricket in general.. and there should be fewer of those matches... I guess after the WC triumph, the emotions of the Indian cricket fans would be maxed-out... The next occasion I feel these emotions are going to take over the entire cricket world is when GOD decides to retire.. (if at all...)

The reason I have this title is a little different .... its more to do with the attitude... Everything around me is moving at a break-neck speed... My MS was completed in record time.. I returned home from US before anyone even noticed I was gone... started working again... got a car... started playing cricket again... and then.. the most important event of my life... getting engaged... on a 10 day notice....
Like they say, every sport evolves with time... so did cricket... from the traditional longer format played in whites.. to the shortest one involving lots of colors, music, dancing, glamor, money... and more importantly, speed... The one thing about T20 is that its quick... it gets over before you even realize... It makes players take decisions fast... think on their feet... plan.. implement.. or improvise... Likewise, I feel we need to play the innings of our lives the same way... very fast.... that's whats happening to me..... thats why I decided to name the post this way...

Anyways, I'll end this here.. more to follow....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andaz Apna Apna......

104 - TOW The Workaholic Me

201 : TOW The Puncture.....