Harry Potter......

Friday saw the release of Harry Potter's 5th movie, The Order of Phoenix...Rated as perhaps one of the best adaptation of a book into a movie, The Harry Potter series has taken the world by storm...but for me, I have never been intrigued by the notion... I havn't read a single Harry Potter book, nor hv seen any of its previous movies....But that was all about to change.... coz Minal got us tickets to watch the 5th movie....@ Pune's E-Square...
For Vishal, he had a general background of the story of Harry Potter.... Aakash n Minal, both avid Potter fans, had dragged him to previous 2 movies..... n now it was my turn... So Aakash n Minal gave me a general outline of the story n whats been cooking in wizard land.....
I got hooked on to the concept, and so was watching the movie with some interest, with Aakash helping me fill in the blanks... I also came to know how much ppl love their young wizard boy... The theatre was filled with applauses n whistles when something happened, to which I was somewhat oblivious....
Even though i was developing liking to the movie, some happenings n jargon were clearly over my head... for eg, the nomenclature, characters, their spells, magic words, an so on......One part where Sirius is made to go away, behind something called the 'Viel', the entire cinema went silent... n i could make out that everyone was feeling sad... Minal n Aakash explained that Sirius was a very imp. character, n once gone behind the Viel, no 1 ever returns....thats y every1 was a little sad there..... Imagine an American Guy, who watches nothing but baseball n basketball, watching a Cricket match, n someone like Sachin gets out....the entire stadium would be disappointed, but this guy wont be even moved...coz he just doesn't knw whats happening on the ground, n who Sachin Tendulkar is.....thats exactly how i was feeling @ E-square....lol...
But nonetheless, I would definitely want to watch the earlier 4 movies.... So would make it a point to do so asap...n would again wrote about it then.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andaz Apna Apna......

104 - TOW The Workaholic Me

201 : TOW The Puncture.....